Martinscica is located on the west coast of the island of Cres in an open bay with gentle hills. With around 200 inhabitants, it is the second largest settlement on Cres. Martinscica has developed from a fishing village into a popular tourist destination.
The town got its name from the church of St. Martin, which is located near the coast. In the 16th century, a Franciscan monastery was built, its monks of the third class were Glagolitic. In the monastery's collection, two shelter paintings have been preserved, which are the work of the famous painter Leopold Jandt from 1759. The church of St. George is located near the monastery. In the 17th century, a castle was built a little south of the monastery, which was the country mansion of the Cres patrician Sforza. The manor is distinguished by vaulted rooms and arcades, which open to the walled garden at the front. Today, the house houses a well-known restaurant, where they offer a wide range of Mediterranean dishes.
Apart from this restaurant, there are several other restaurants and tourist facilities in Martinscica, such as a pastry shop, a shop, a post office, a tourist agency and more. There are two modern campsites near the place, which, together with private rooms, apartments and tourist settlements, can satisfy all the needs of guests.