In the past, the islands of Cres and Losinj formed a single continent, but then due to the Amber Route and trade, they were separated by an artificially dug channel near Osor. The beginnings of tourism on the island of Losinj date back to 1885, when medical tourism emerged as the first form of tourism.
The most famous places on the island of Losinj are Nerezine, Mali Losinj and Veli Losinj. Nerezine is located to the left of the main road, at the foot of the Osorscica hill. They are the first settlement on the island of Losinj and known as a popular tourist center. The largest local attractions are the parish church of Our Lady, which was built in 1877, the Franciscan monastery, which was built in the 16th century, the castle of the Osor nobleman Kolon Draza from the 15th century, and the original parish church of St. Mary Magdalena from 1534. In the church of St. Mary Magdalena is a permanent exhibition of models that show the traditional way of life in Nerezine. Mountain paths lead to Osorscica, where mountaineers can admire the peak of St. Mikul and the chapel.
Lucica Bay is a small, sandy and shallow bay in which the restaurant of the same name is located. It is an ideal combination for all-day swimming, sunbathing and enjoying the culinary specialties of the restaurant. There are moorings for small boats in the bay.